Central Locking/Deadlocking/Alarm Peugeot 406

Hi Guys, Anyone out there got a problem with drivers door lock on 2001 Pug

406 executive,the central display unit in the middle is saying the drivers door is open,when its closed securely all the interior lights stay on even with engine running and when you close the doors to lock it,the central locking works but can't activate the deadlocking or the alarm which are linked.I think it is the drivers door lock microswitch but as yet not been able to try it,find it strange that the central locking works but not alarm or deadlock,my wife had seen a message on display saying something like "Engine immobiliser default" but not 100% certain.Anyone any suggestions? Thanks in anticipation.Hoping for Mark the master peugeot mechanics thoughts on this??
Reply to
Tricky dicky

Have you checked the door switch?

Reply to
Alec

Hi Alec, Thanks for reply mate,on the 2001 exec model there is a microswitch all built into the locking and deadlocking system not a switch on the door surround so its replace all the lot if faulty,yesterday it was beeping like mad telling me the door was open all the time we were out in it, then my wife went out and suddenly it stopped doing it and it has mysteriously corrected itself,sound slike either a short circuit or broken wire now but computers in cars hey who would have them,any further suggestions you may hear i will be only too glad to listen thanks again. Tricky Dicky

Reply to
Tricky dicky via CarKB.com