Child lock on the 306

Immensely silly question but I don't have the manual for my wife's second hand 306.

Our little girl is getting to that lovely "if it's got a handle I have to open it" stage of life. I can't find any switches in the rear doors to let me put on the child lock that I am sure is there. Does the 306 have a child lock to stop your kids from opening the door when you are moving and, if so, where/how do I find/use the activation?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
snuffin

Usually it is either:- a very small lever that is located near the actual catch - which can only be seen when the door is physically open!!

OR:- a small plastic turn-screw type of thing (that can be turned with a key or a screwdriver &is located near the actual catch - also which can only be seen when the door is physically open!!

HTH

Regards, John

Reply to
John J Burness

I just went and looked at my wife's 306. Open the back door and, beneath the lock, there is a red disk with a slotted hole. The end of the key fits in it and it turns slightly with a positive click. This is the child lock.

Reply to
Keith

Thanks Keith and John.

That has sorted it. I was looking for a lever. Never occurred to me to look for the slotted hole and, having seen it, it never occurred that this was the thing I was looking for.

I really am very grateful.

Steve

Reply to
snuffin