Clarion unlock codes

I've seen a lot of people here asking how to unlock their stereo's when they've lost their code. I lost mine after moving house and after searching the internet for a few hours found this program which will give you the unlock code based on the bar code on the top of your stereo. Hope this helps.

Tom

P.S does anyone have any tips on how to remove an old clarion stereo? Mine has no handles just four holes in the corners. I've tried using the tape slot to pull on but can't seem to make the stereo move. Car is

205 Zest (1.8D). Cheers.
Reply to
Tom

you need to release the clips behind each of the 4 holes... your local motor world should sell you some release prongs for about £1 (maybe a bit more, but certainly not worth it)... alternatively make your our out of 2 bits of wire coat hanger bent into a V shape to release each side... or use 4 small screwdrivers. Once you have released it pull it out with the tape slot...

Reply to
Roebear

Thanks Steve, stereo removed but one problem, when pulling it out an orange coax style cable fell out on the right hand side of the unit. I can't replace it as it's not long enough to reach out of the mounting space.. any suggestions.

Also to anyone who's interested the program failed to provide the right code for my model (PU-9469A). The code it generated involved the number

6 but the stereo only allows digits between 1-5 to be entered.
Reply to
Tom

Hi,

The same stuff for Blaupunkt units would be nice, as I wouldn't spend US$250 in a software which I'd only use once...

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Hi,

The software performs a very simple calculation and works on only a few Clarion units. Please dont think it will decode all Clarions in Pugs as it won't. I wrote the software only as a freebie and it should be treated as such.

WBR:Carl

CB