clean

Can anybody tell me what the best thing is for cleaning headlight glass,its got a lot of very small chips in the lens,was told toothpaste is this true/.?

Reply to
Chrs

brasso and alot of elbow grease

ggj

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Brasso and that works dos it?

Reply to
Chrs

Depends on the quality of the elbow grease. Actually I would have thought you needed something a little more coarse than brasso for glass. Brasso works well for plastic lamp lenses.

Reply to
Brian

Well i have tryed Brasso and yes it did work a little bit,like you said its good on the plastic covers ,so if any body know whats good for cleaning headlight len please let me(us) know. thanks chris..

Reply to
Chrs

Hi Chris, what model of car headlight are you trying to clean up, it may be easier in the long run to keep an eye on e-bay for a replacement, I found one for £2 for a 300tdi Discovery a year or so back.

ggj

Reply to
Gary G Jones

its for a pug 405 diesel 1992 . i have looked on e,bay tonight but no luck.

Reply to
Chrs

Have a look at this, Item number: 330084080353 on ebay ,they sell both sides brand new £26 each.

might be easier in the long run ggj

Reply to
Gary G Jones

What about a breakers. I think there are a some near Addlestone, otherwise there is one in Sunbury On the road from Chertsey Bridge about a mile after you cross the roundabout for Walton Bridge with the garage on the corner. It is on the left not far after the Holiday Inn that used to be the Shepperton Moathouse.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

I have rung them and got told they have no 405 in at mo,

Reply to
Chrs

There is a breaker at camberley down vigo lane which i have rung aswell just wait to see if they ring me back.also have got info on a site called find a part.

Reply to
Chrs

Actually there are several sites that "search" breakers yards. I used one a couple of years ago for a bit for the 406 and had several contacts back who had what I wanted. I was quite impressed.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks