Clutch Judder...

205 XR - TU3 engine....

.... suddenly got substantial clutch judder, noticeable when pulling off from a standing start in forst gear, and sometimes when changing from first to second. It is really bad and I fear it is a knackered clutch... any ideas, or is the only solution an new clutch? at what cost?!

Cheers,

Ed.

Reply to
Edward Parkin

Check the engine/gearbox mountings!

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPoNiX

Cheers,

No need to do that now - it gave up in dramatic style and noise this afternoon anyway - apparently a spring in the clutch mechanism has gone causing the clutch to stop re-centring, hence the judder. Got to a roundabout and all of a sudden I had no gears. At all.

Ed.

Reply to
Edward Parkin