Code Peugeot 306 radio

I've a Peugeot 306 (11/2000). Since the 12V connection with the accu was lost completely, I need the code to enable the radio, but I don't have it anymore. Is there a way to reset the radio or to find out what the code is?

Reply to
Roland Heijman

Hello,

Would a teft come with the stolen radio to get a code ? Moreover for an OE unit. If the headunit is a Blaupunkt, you could get the code by contacting your local Bosch HQs. Then they'd send you a paper with the procedure to get the code. For example (I got such a procedure), they need the VIN, the radio numbers (on the labels), a copy of your registration card (you probably have this kind of thing in Netherlands - the paper with car's VIN, brand, type, plate number...), and some money (in '99 it was about 20EUR).

Regards, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr snipped-for-privacy@ironmaiden.com

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Roland Heijman unleashed:

hes a monkey then.. My local pug garage re-programmed my stereo on my 306 about a month ago and gave me a new code..

try another pug dealer as your local one doesnt sound very good..

Dave

Reply to
David Beamish

The theft protection IS worthless. The code can be electronicaly read from the radio by anyone who has invested in a reader. Most if not all are willing to do it for a few quid just to pay for the reader. I think anyone taking a Peugeot car in with a Peugeot radio to de-code is obviously not trying to circumvent any trivial theft protection anyway.

To answer your question though, which has been done already ad-nausium on this n.g Contact the dealer who origionaly supplied the car. They ususally keep this info on file presumably along with the key info and are (usually) willing to tell you over the phone free of charge. If this fails take it along to the local TV repair business who will either have, or know someone who has a reader.

I've never had to do the second, as I've always been given the code by the supplier.

jim.

Reply to
djimbo

they are talking bull**** , if the radio is factory fitted ( so they didnt install it afterwards) they can look it up in the peugeot computer network, any dealer anywhere in they world can look it up for you. If not the manufactor blaupunkt or clarion can give you they code by the serialnumber, try first a auth. repair shop, they do it cheaper then clarion or blaupunkt.

Reply to
axl

I have simply called the supplying Peugeot dealer, given them the registration of the car and got the code (free) in seconds. They can also tell you how many times the car was serviced etc.

Reply to
StealthUK