cooling fan contniuously on

I have an 806 HDi. The cooling fan has started coming on about 10 seconds after start up and doesn't go off (until I switch off!)

This happened on my old 806 with TD engine and was caused by a dirty connection to a sensor on the thermostat housing. Easily cured.

This time I can't find a corresponding sensor. Anyone know where it is?

Many thanks

Reply to
JT

Just noticed that the problem is linked to the digital air con. When I switch auto off, the fan stops.

Reply to
JT

That would be correct operation I think. Most aircons/climate control switch on the fans when the aircon is on. At least on French ones they do.

Reply to
malc

Thanks. I'm sure it only started yesterday. Maybe it was a fault that has rectified itself! Seems unnecessary though.

Reply to
JT

Was yesterday warmer where you are? What does your outside temperature sensor say? Mine reads in the 20s despite it freezing outside so the aircon is always on in automatic mode.

Reply to
malc

I had an early petrol 806 and on that the fans were continously on with the aircon. I queried it and was told it was normal.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

About 6ºC . It normally reads true except when just stopped and engine hot. I can't say I've ever noticed it having an effect on the air con.

Reply to
JT

Just thought. Maybe the fan has just suddenly become more noisy? Maybe bearings? I think there may be one fan for the air con condenser and one for the radiator.

Reply to
JT

Ok I'm guessing here but most people equate the aircon with simply refrigeration. It also likes to run the fan for pollen filter and de-humidification.. The real experts will, od course, correct me if I'm wrong. The original fault sounds like more of a feature than a fault?

Djimbo

Reply to
djimbo

There was a time when mine got noisy. Apparently some sensor in the climate control which decides how fast the fan should be running had failed and the system had gone into default mode, which as far as the fan was concerned meant fast and loud. Don't know any more details - it was under warranty at the time.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

"R.N. Robinson" wrote in message news:fnd4pd$5ht$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org...

Reply to
JT

I think this might just be the case with mine. Everyone seems to agree that a fan should come on but only this last couple of days has it been noticably loud.

Wonder if anyone here knows how to find/check/repair/replace it? Thanks again.

Reply to
JT