Cure for rattles?

I have a 1993 309 GTi and the rattles from the dash are driving me crazy. I Have tried taking the front panel off (the one that surrounds the clocks) but still cant find what is causing the noises.

Has anyone else had similar problems and cured it?

:o)

Reply to
Piggy

Other than stripping the whole dash board down, replacing any foam/rubber, and ensuring all screws/bolts are tight; don't think there's anything you can do!

It is highly annoying I know!

:o|

Reply to
Strutter

I had a load of rattles in my old Ford Sierra as it was knackered. I bought a new 405 and the rattles went, magic.

Reply to
Longshot

It's a French car, live with it :-))

greetz,

Reply to
Bzn.

LOL ! Rattles are common problem with 205s & 309. Funny, my '93 205 still doesn't have this problem, excepted from tailgate at low speeds on bumpy roads.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

I'm getting a 2.0 HDi Citroen Xsara next month... I hope this is better...

:o)

Reply to
Piggy

Its possibly one of the best cars ever to come out of France, I liked the Xsara, but the C5 is nice too. Just a shame they can't make the C5 suspension as quiet as the Xsara.

It is a really good car, which HDI engine are you getting? The 90 or the

110? I have the 110 in my C5 and it is nice.
Reply to
Ben Cowell

I'm not sure exactly which model I will be getting as it's going to be a company car, all I know at the moment is it's a 2.0 HDi

At a previous company some people had 90hp 406 HDi and all complained about the poor performance.

Reply to
Piggy

The Xsara is lighter than the 406, you'll be ok with a 90 in a Xsara.

Reply to
Ben Cowell