Damn It!!!!

Please excuse this whine but I?m fairly annoyed. Just as I got my 205 looking half presentable a driver of a hired Mondeo slams into the back of me, pushing me into the Skoda Octavia in front :x I was stopped at a roundabout and she hit so hard that she bent my towbar and carried on into my tailgate which is now knackered. Thankfully all the lights seem to be ok, except the lenses on the rear clusters which popped off at the bottom, and the front cooling fans are ok. I can?t tell about the valances but they seem ok. It?s nice to know that the 205 was built well enough to take impacts like this as there seems to be no real body damage. On the plus side it now gets rebuilt by professionals :D

Streltsky

Reply to
Streltsky

Typical woman driver!

Reply to
Matthew

Doh, bad luck, I know exactly how you feel! Fingers crossed they dont write it off being an old car!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Surely it'll be a write-off ?

Reply to
Nom

They?ll try but I have it insured for £1000 and have enough recent reciepts to justify that. It all depends on my ability to persuade the mechanic they?re sending out that it?s worth what I say it is. Chances aren?t high but I can only try. Put it this way, there is no way I could get another car in as good mechanical condition for less than 1k.

Streltsky

Reply to
Streltsky

Hi,

I guess that's the risk we all have to cope with old cars... Nom could tell the same with its 405 GTX I think (keep in mind I've no clue how a UK specs

405 worth, and I don't know the UK market either), I could tell the same about my '93 205 Junior D* - I wouldn't find a 140,000km Diesel car for the £1k my insurance company would give me. Excepted if I was heading for a R5 D, but that's definitively bad stuff compared to a 205, I tried some and they're just awful.
  • Needless to say they don't give a f#ck the '93 model is pretty rare, 'cause coming with new tailgate (no more plastic grid anymore), new strippings all around, and new seats design. Plus the specific engine (XUD7/L) but it doesn't involve many stuff (just it would be harder to find out in a scrapyard).

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T