Diesel Additive - 307SW

Own a '92 307SW 2.0l 110BHP Diesel. Approx 50,000 on clock - less than

2,000 since last service.

Just started getting a message flashing up stating:- "Diesel Additive Minimum Level".

Does anyone know what this is & what I should do about it??

Reply to
JohnJBurness

JohnJBurness wrote in news:44ef73a4$0$3184 $ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net:

Have a look here

Tunku

Reply to
nigel

Just an update!

I've now had the local Peugeot Dealer fill up this Additive Tank & have just taken out a 2nd Mortgage to pay for it!! :-(

The Additive costs nearly £25/litre (before VAT) & it requires 4 litres of the stuff! Obviously, labour is on top of this (apparently the ECU has to be reset at the same time).

Incidentally, I'm told that (if you don't have this additive re-filled) the Particulate Filter will clog up & that is a VERY COSTLY exercise to replace!!

Regards, John

Reply to
JohnJBurness

JohnJBurness wrote in news:44f756fb$0$3194 $ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net:

Anyone else feel that diesel technology has taken a wrong turn somewhere? It used to be all about cheap motoring :-0

Reply to
Tunku

I just had mine refilled, and the bastard STILL says "diesel additive minimum level" Is the level/flow sensor knackered, or it takes a while to prime ?

They didn't tell me any of this in the sales literature. Bloody diesel that needs some special elixir of life to pass emissions regulations. What a load of crap.

Reply to
fred

You need to get the relevant ECU reset. The car is too stupid to realise you've refilled it. This isn't really just an excuse to make you have it done at a Pug dealer rather than it being a DIY job. I'm sure there is a very valid reason why they made the car so stupid. I just can't think of it at the moment. But it must have been intentional. Maybe on the next generation of cars you'll have to visit a Pug dealer to tell the car you've filled it up with fuel...

Nope. Although to be fair, whilst the cost of refilling is hidden from you until it is empty, it isn't that great a cost compared to the rest of the motoring costs (servicing, fuel, etc.) you incur during the time it takes to run out.

My thoughts too. I wouldn't have another modern Pug diesel. The old ones were great - run forever, no hassle. But now they have all this emissions rubbish and computer control, which is a bad idea when you realise that the French have no idea how electronics work :-)

My 3.3L V6 Grand Voyager is more powerful, smoother, quieter and costs far less to run (on LPG) than our diesel 807 did, and it is reliable too!

Interestingly, the most common (by far) search term that people find my website by is "antipollution fault". The dealers must be making a small fortune carrying out repairs on the extremely poor emissions control system.

Matt

Matthew Haigh