Difficult to Start & Cuts out when idling

Every morning my 1996 Peogeot 406 is difficult to start. After three or four long goes it does get going. After that it will cut out sometimes when I stop at lights and it goes down to an idle. It has a new set of plugs and a new battery. It is also running quite hot in traffic. On the open road there is no problem. Any help would be very much appreciated. Many thanks, Kevin.

Reply to
KevinBrad

My 406 had the same problem Turned out to be a fauly accelerator stepper motor

Reply to
mikefod