DIN radio for 306?

I recently bought a DIN sized radio/CD to fit in my Peugeot 306 (LX model,

1998) which still has the factory-fitted unit. I have a couple of questions:

How do I remove the original - I can't see any holes or screws?

I can get a fascia adaptor for about 4 quid on ebay but will the radio stay put without it (just thinking postage, waiting for it to arrive, etc)?

I can also get an adaptor that will make the remote from the stalk by the steering wheel control the new unit, but they are a bit pricey. Will the radio work OK without it in the meantime? Also any cheap suppliers of these, and also wiring harness adaptors.

I have searched google groups and found autoleads.co.uk but any more suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Reply to
Amos E Wolfe

Usulally you'll find some type of frame to remove so that you'll find the holes there to plug in the removal keys.

Gerd.

Reply to
"Beate u. Gerhard Weiß"

The standard 306 radio has a couple of slots underneath. You need something like a flat handled teaspoon to release them.

Shold be fine. The remotes are add ons not requirements.

Reply to
Phil Cook