Dipped headlights stopped working

After 4 years from new I have my first electrical prob. Lights all OK this morning. On starting tonight both dipped headlights not working. Offside sidelight not working.

From the handbook this impliers three seperate fuses namely 31, 32 and 35.

Why should they all go together?

Reply to
Trevor Appleton

OOps. Thats 206D X Reg

Reply to
Trevor Appleton

Iff you still have full beam then they probably haven't. Sounds like the dim-dip resistor has failed.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

This relates to 306 problems but will put you in the right direction.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

sounds like a bypass job is the way forward especially as I've never used or seen the point of sidelights (they don't make a ha'porth of difference in seeing a vehicle coming towards U)

Reply to
Trevor Appleton

Even more pointless are the morons who use sidelights and front foglamps quite what that is all about is beyond me.

Rant mode over...

When 306's dim-dip resistor failed failed my Pug dealer fitted both a new resistor and a bypass in case it fails again.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

I've always understood that the "side lights" were for parking purposes where vehicles have to be left with warning lights. That's what they were for 45 years ago when I started driving.

Reply to
Buccaneer

Check your lamp bulbs.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

"R.N. Robinson" wrote in message news:cp4nu5$2ba$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...

Whats meant by single and twin and how can I tell?

Reply to
Trevor Appleton