Draining petrol tank on 307

I'm tempted to drain the petrol out of my 307, having filled with Tescos petrol at the weekend (I never normally do but was passing .... oops).

Is it easy to do ? Is the only way invlolve me getting a mouth full of petrol through a rubber hose ?

Cheers

-Dave

Reply to
dave

Hi Dave Not sure how you to drain it, but I think you will find that you can't syphon it via a rubber tube. Alot of cars have an anti syphon mesh fitted around the neck of the tank to stop people from nicking it. GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Just put up with it , like all the others and claim the cost back for the work you might have to have done on it.keep all recipes

Reply to
Chrs

Why? You gonna cook with it?!!! LOL

Actually, the way we do it at work is to take the fuel pump out of the tank under the rear seat and use a tube. You could get a siphon device from Halfords for a few quid if you don't fancy a drink of unleaded! There is a way of putting a live to the double relay and letting the pump push it out. But I never fancy letting the pump run for that amount of time nonstop!

Reply to
Nigel

Just because you filled up at a Tesco place, does not automatically mean that you will have bought a bad load of fuel.

Reply to
Brian

drain the petrol out of my 307, having filled with

Sure, but it was one of the stations reported as having had lots of people having problems and I was thinking it might be worthwhile draining sharpish. But ive had no symptoms so have just decided to keep topping up often in order to dillute the tescos stuff.

Reply to
dave