Drivers Side window Probs

I Have a Pug 307 51 plate, I have recently noticed a problem, the other day when I opened the window to clear the condensation (lazy I know), and pulled the switch up to close it, it got to the top then automatically wound itself down about half way. I was trying all sorts of ways edging it up bit by bit or by using the key fob lock method, by keeping your finger pressed on the lock key until the auto window closure thing activates and winds them up, still to no avail. what I have done for now is edged it up so that it seals the window but not all the way to the top.

Does any one know of a fix or is it a garage jobbie, it's still under its 1 year used car warranty just (one month to go).

Any help gratefully received Robert

Reply to
Robert lampard

Do a search of the group under windows or window problems. There is a fix which works for a 406 and I think I recall posts about other models. Something about keeping your finger on the button until the window bottoms and keeping it pressed for three seconds. This resets something.

Reply to
Ken

On my 406 I had to get the window up and hold for 5 seconds (you hear a click) and this restores its knowledge of where the closed position is. Don't know if that will work for the OP because his opens again. Possibly the same thing might work, as suggested, in the bottom position.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

"Robert lampard" schreef in bericht news:dL1Gh.4645$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe2-win.ntli.net...

There's indeed this reset problem, but this should normally only happen after disconnecting the battery ... : Wind the window completely down and then back up. Keep the switch up for a couple of seconds, this should reset the "window position" in the computer. I had the same problem with my second hand 307 but after the reset procedure the problem came back from time to time. They have fixed it in the garage under warranty too. I don't know if they just cleaned and greased the mechanism, or if they replaced some kind of sensor.

I wouldn't wait and go to the garage before your warranty expires!!

Grtz, Eric B.

Reply to
pastis

Cheers guys Ill try the reset option but I think ill get them to check it out in the dealers anyway, as its still under warranty.

Robert

Reply to
Robert lampard

Yes - definitely get them to look at it. Our 807 ate window regulators - one door got through four of them. I really wouldn't have wanted to pay several hundred pounds each time to have it looked at out of warranty.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Haigh

Reply to
Robert lampard

There are people dotted around the globe, all agog for the outcome (and I'm not kidding!).

Reply to
Ken

Well, the car is booked in for Tuesday I shall let you all know the outcome the dealer was saying there very busy sorting out the cars that were affected by the contaminated fuel recently.

Robert

Reply to
Robert lampard

You have a problem with the anti-pinch function ,it may just need initializing or have a tight spot in the runner etc... one of our dealers will sort it out .. kind regards mark

Reply to
markmtbanks via CarKB.com

If it is a tight spot in the runner, I had similar and was advised on this group to squirt a little silicon lubricant into the glass guide channels. I did this and didn't even take the door panel off, just opened the window and squirted into the rear guide and smeared lubricant on the glass for the front one with a little squirt down into the guide mouth. The window has been fine ever since.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Well the car is back, And they couldn't find the fault with the Gears, but because I took up al offer I had to extend the warranty by a year for £349.00 I will monitor it closely.

The window thing I was told it was to do with the switch, now its great, I can just press the button and it automatically goes all the way down and the same up (like it should have been) yay,

The auto volume I was told this was not set up correctly, but I am unsure how to test it if they have fixed it or not, any advice - is it supposed to show the volume increasing or will it invisibly increase it? regards Robert

Reply to
Robert Lampard