ECU Software upgrade

I have a '97 306 XSi that has issues with cold stalling. I have tried all sorts of remedies and 3 garages can't find any physical fault. It has been suggested to get the software updated at a Peugeot dealer. Before I visit my local dealer to experience their 'excellent customer service' has anybody any good or bad experiences of a software upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
bash_your_arse

"bash_your_arse" schreef in bericht news:PMRDf.76937$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net...

Joop!

Cheers for the info.

Reply to
cookacat

As far as I'm aware Peugeot are meant to upgrade the software free of charge if there are known bugs with the current version. Not sure otherwise, but it will take them all of no time to do anyway. Don't expect Pug dealers to do this automatically when the car is serviced, they didn't with one of mine which had software issues and as a result gave out high emissions and making passing Mots a nightmare.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Thanks for the info. In an ideal world Peugeot would do this, but as it's well outside it's warranty I know I'll have to pay. As long as it cures my cold starting problem I don't mind paying the software update fee.

I'll give it a go tho'.

Reply to
cookacat

Even after warranty they should have to do it free for because it should have been done within the warranty period. That's providing there is a known problem with your current software of course.

Going back to your fault, don't give up thinking that there is not a faulty component in your injection system. I've plenty of experience with garages and they have failed to spot the obvious. Many times I'm pretty sure they don't even bother lifting the bonnet and just make up some crap when you turn up. They are only interested in standard servicing and pushing as many units as they can through their service bays.

Go and get yourself a cheap handheld fault code reader and try and diagnose the problem from there.

Reply to
goldpound

I got a Gunsons unit late last year as it was stalling whenever it felt like it. It flashed up the code that indicated that the O2 sensor was broke. Got the O2 sensor replaced. Now it stalls when it's cold. I have replaced the stepper motor, put in a new temp sensor, checked for vacuum leaks (me and two garages), and I'm getting very annoyed with it now.

I know there are problems with Sagem ECU's. I have to get the ECU out to check the make. If its a Sagem, then see if it's fried and replace coils and get the ECU repaired/replaced. If it's not a Sagem, the to Peugeot for an ECU upgrade.

I will get it fixed. I will get it fixed..............

Reply to
cookacat

Someone posted a link to a centre that tested ECUs recently. Does anyone have that link?

Reply to
G Cadman

Try Avilec in Southampton - they tested mine for £30.

Reply to
Tim Jenkins

or try tunemycar.com or bba-reman.com.

Reply to