Engine not perfoming well in hotter outdoor temps, 1.6 306 1998, -please help!

On my Peugeot 306 1.6 1998, I have noticed that when temperatures are hot outside my engine isnt performing as well as it should do, as it runs very different when temperature is cooler, got a lot more poke to it, is this called engine pinging or something, as it sounds slightly different as well, as i am unsure, and if so is there any way to cure this problem

Any ideas?? Much appreciated

Reply to
Az E via CarKB.com

Wouldn't be the extra work of the air con zapping the power by any chance?

Reply to
Nick (UK)

Reply to
Az E via CarKB.com

it's because cold air is denser and so holds more oxygen to burn with the fuel.

Reply to
SimonDS