Engine problem

Hi I recently removed my rocker cover from my 97 306 xsi to replace the rubber gasket seal, put the rocker cover back on, turned on the enginge and it cut out after about 2 seconds. So i took off the cover to check and found a washer had fallen and jammed in the shaft. the washer has been removed but the car does not start. Any ideas or help much appreciated

Reply to
Nasher

Cambelt snap?so look under the cover.sorry bad news?

Reply to
Chris

Or jumped some teeth. Either way needs the belt covers coming off and seeing what has happened.

Reply to
nigel