Entering radio code on 406 V6 Exec.

I have an S-Reg V6 Peugeot 406 (1998 model). It recently had to go into the garage for repair after an accident, and for some reason they removed the battery - I really don't think they needed to, but anyway... The problem now is that I don't know how to enter the code for the radio. When I switch it on, it says "CODE" on the display. I then have to enter 6023 as the code. First problem, there isn't a 0 button on the radio panel - just numbers 1 to 6. Second problem, when I press the

6, nothing at all happens, nothing changes on the display etc. This seems to suggest to me that it isn't actually ready to receive a code. I'd be very happy if someone on here could give a clear and reasonably detailed explanation of how to go about entering the code. I've done several searches on the net, and haven't found the information I need. I'm not in possession of a copy of the radio manual which ought to have come with the car.
Reply to
Fin

On a 405 I had you used the first 4 buttons of the presets. Press first button 6 times, miss 2nd button, press third button twice and fourth button

3 times. Don't know if this will work on yours, but worth a try.
Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Hello Fin, This sounds like a similar problem I had with my headunit. It sounds like you are trying to use the radio preset buttons? To enter the numbers I believe you use the navigation arrows ( that change settings etc). With up-down being the code digits (0-9) and left-right moving through the code to the next number. Is there an Enter button there too to finish off the entry? Neil

Reply to
Neil-Orange

...think you have to hold down one of the 1-5 buttons for about 2 minutes to reset it. ...entering the 0, im not sure what you would do. you could try and call "Ramsey Peugeot" in NJ, ...

take care -- john --

Reply to
johninmaine

There's a couple of methods I'm aware of, not sure which will apply to yours.

Try these :-

Inserting Code 1

Switching on the set will result in 'CODE' being displayed.

Press one of the station preset keys and the display will change to '0000'.

Enter the code using preset keys 1 - 4 followed by preset 5 to accept.

********************************

6023

Press 1 then > to insert 6

Repeat for remaining numbers.

Then press 1 to enter code.

If err code try + -

Good Luck

Reply to
Gromit

Thank you to all who responded. The following method is what worked for me.

Turn on the radio unit and wait until CODE appears on the display. Press ' 1 ' - the display should change to 0000 Press the ' > ' button until the first digit shows 6, or the relevant digit Press ' 1 ' again - this confirms the entry of the 6 Repeat the above steps until all four digits have been entered and confirmed. Process is complete.

This appears to be the same method as the second sugested by Gromit immediately above.

Thanks all.

Reply to
Fin