Fair price for a 1989 405 s?

Hi all,

I'm considering buying a 1989 405s with 131k miles from a used car dealer in Massachusetts. The car appears to be in good condition mechanically (pending an inspection by a mechanic) and cosmetically, and the dealer is asking $2,500. Does anyone have an opinion you could share about whether this is reasonable? Any kudos or concerns about this model would also be welcome.

Thanks in advance,

carter

Reply to
Carter Yeager

You don't mention which fuel, bodystyle or trim levels!

A turbo diesel estate with air conditioning will be the most valuable, a 1.6 GL saloon the least valuable.

Look on

and see what we pay for them in the UK.

Reply to
Ben Cowell

Or just look on Ebay see what they're going for in the states, I find it a bit hard to believe anyone would pay that for any model over here, it equates to about £1400, and 89s just aren't fetching that anymore. It'd be nearer with a zero knocked off the end. (imo)

Rick.

Reply to
Rick Maninov

"Rick Maninov" skrev i meddelandet news:c2d3ub$5tc$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk...

I did sell my old 89-405 1,9 engine, automatic, sunroof, low-budget stereo etc for about $1000 and that was 4 ears ago 260000 Km (16,000 M) on the meter..that was about fair. B r // RichardT

Reply to
RichardT

Hi,

Here in Belgium a 405 from 1989 is worth 800 ?...(euro ) but i don t know the price diff between Belgium and Massachusetts of cource...but to me it seems to much !

Reply to
Tim Bergiers