Fault code readers + OBD stuff for Pug 306 1998/S

I'm new to all this fault codes and OBD stuff - but I just wanted to find out whether my Peugeot 306 1998/S 1.4l petrol has an OBD connector (for things like engine speed, vehicle speed etc).

Would be nice if I could use something like:

I know there's a connector in the fuse box area below the steering wheel

- not sure if it's the 16 way OBD one though.

Otherwise, I've read about some cheap fault code readers - how do these work, and are they any good? Any recommended ones which would work with a 1998 Peugeot 306?

Thanks

David

Reply to
David Hearn