Faulty fuel guage

My 406D fuel gauge only works intermittently, I appreciate that the fault could be almost anywhere, does anyone have any idea where I should start to look?

Reply to
terb

"" wrote: > My 406D fuel gauge only works intermittently, I appreciate > that the fault > could be almost anywhere, does anyone have any idea where I > should start > to look?

the sender unit in the tank has a connector inside it that sometimes looses connection.

Reply to
123

On my 406 HDI Y Reg, the needle goes up when full, after using the diesel it will go down to between half way and empty,so you think to yourself "its not done much this time" and then when you start up again the needle goes back to half way. Any ideas?

Reply to
mustique

The 2nd build 405 has the same sort of reading problems. Fill up and it stays at full for ages then very slowly goes down to 3/4. After that it plunges down the scale to 1/4 and then resumes a slow progress to empty. Another "feature" is that the needle goes up when desending the slightest incline and the needle goes down when climbing. Also the needle goes down very slightly when ignition is "OFF" at all readings of the dial.

I have given up, but anyone have any ideas if this can be fixed? Not a big problem in any event!!

Rarely run the fuel down to get "Low Fuel" light, but at least that works ok.

Reply to
sid

progress

desending

readings

All the Older Peugeots I?ve come across have something like this, my

205 is only accurate to each 1/4 tank and tends to round up to the nearest quarter until it starts to empty. I?ve just got used to it, fact of life with Older Pugs. Unless you?re in danger of running out of fuel I wouldn?t bother spending time and money trying to fix a fault that probably doesn?t exist. Once you?ve spent a long time driving in the car you should get a feel for how long you can drive on a certain amount of fuel.

Streltsky

Reply to
Streltsky