Fitting A Clarion CD Changer to a 206

Hi can anybody help me?? I have the standard head unit for a 206 in the car at the moment and would like to fit the Clarion 6 disc changer unit to it, I have been told that all the cables are already in the vehicle and run down the passenger side and into the boot, can anybody tell me is this true?? Also if I were to buy an after market CD player would I still be able to use the display unit in the centre of the dash and the joystick on the steering column?? Hoping someone can help, Many Thanks

Reply to
d_dean_d

I can only help out with the CD changer. I also have a Clarion 6 disc changer fitted and the cables do run down the length of the car

d_dean snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Reply to
Graham Westwood

Hi, Did you buy the car with the changer already fitted or you've installed it later? where this cable is running exactly and how can I find the cd- changer end? I have an extra cable plugged into the back of the radio and it (radio) works when this cable is unplugged?!? Regards,

Reply to
FM via CarKB.com

I have a single cd clarion unit in my 1999 406. There is a cable in the n/s boot for cd changer Blue rectangle fitting. I have a 206 cd changer which connects straight to cable. There is power and cd cartridge ejects but my Head Unit doesn't recognise it and still only gives me the choice of single cd? I have tried holding in the multi cd button and still nothing. Can anyone help please?

Reply to
steve Robinson via CarKB.com