FITTING A NEW STOP LIGHT SWITCH/406

Ifanyboby needs to fit a stop light switch to a 406 you better hire a contourtionist .ITS A PAIN IN THE BUMHOLE.But I did it eventualy.I managed it from the right hand side without the need to remove the steering colum,but I might add my back will need a day or two to recover,also one or two fingers are a bit chewed,YEA she bit me.HAVE FUN IF YOU NEED TO....PS the switch was only a fiver from PEUGEOT...WELL DONE PUG

Reply to
moron

I have cured this problem twice without changing the switch, due to its difficulty in replacing.

1) Fit a spring to return the brake pedal. This resolves wear in the brake linkage for right hand drive models.
Reply to
MICHAEL ROCHE

SORRY I WOULD RATHER FIT A NEW SWITCH EVERYTIME,RATHER THAN HAVE A BODGE JOB GO WRONG WHEN THERE IS A BAD DRIVER IN MY REAR VIEW MIRROR

Reply to
moron

Presumably you bodged the keyboard repair - hence upper case all the time. In newsgroups it is regarded as shouting and impolite.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks