Fitting Cruise Control to 307 D-Turbo

Hi All,

I have a late 2002, Peugeot 307 D-Turbo, but it wasn't fitted with cruise control at birth. I am enquiring at my local dealer if it is possible to fit it, I've been told yes it is, but they are really dragging their heals about giving me a cost and date to fit.

As far as I'm aware, it's just a case of plugging in a cruise control stalk ino to the COM2000, and enabling it in the B.S.I. Not exactly hard is it!!!???

The one question I have is, how can I tell if my model has the brake and clutch switches fitted already, I don't know where exactly I'm supposed to be looking exactly - any advise as to what I should be looking for would be GREATLY appreciated.

(I had a 307 Rapier Diesel before, and it wasn't possible to fit as the wiring for the switches physically didn't exist, but it was never an option on that model, I hope that isn't the case with my D-Turbo, but as it was an option the wiring should be there???)

Thanks for your help!

J. D.

Reply to
J. D.

When I enquired of Peugeot about fitting CC to my 2002 SW Hdi, I was told it was not possible. However, I do seem to have the switches on the clutch etc, they are clearly visible provided you get your head on the floor, and feet out of the driver window! The bit of wiring which is not there is that for the CC stalk.

Reply to
Brian

It is, for both cars, just a case of installing a switch into the Comm and configuring it to the BSI via the Diagtool at your dealer. Should take no more than half an hour. The brake switch is already there and on most diesels there is also a clutch switch However be careful which switch you get fitted. There are two--one with a speed limiter and one without. You may not be able to have the speed limiting option in your car, so there is no point getting the switch with this on. Your dealer should be able to find out via Laser.

Reply to
nigel

I would like to add a comment about Peugeot's cruise control. I too have a 2003 307 and I have owned many cars with cruise control. The Peugeot cruise is the worst from them all. Its very jerky and you can't cruise at slower speeds, like 60km p/h. The cruise will have you sitting on 68 instead. That's fine if you like "living on the edge", but here in Australia, our road rules are so tough that even that kind of speed is enough to land you an expensive road fine. I also find that when you hit the accelerate button, the cruise will plant the accelerator causing it to drop down gears and speed off. Not exactly smooth. Feels like cruise I had installed in a 1983 Holden Commodre, which is an Australian version of an Opel model from about that same era in Europe. My suggestion is, don't waste your money.

Reply to
tricky4000

Well, I asked my dealer in the UK, and they were totally confused by the request, clearly knew nothing about it. As I previously said, I then asked Peugeot UK and the reply from them eventually was that it was never possible to retro-fit cruise control. (This was after they suggested that I should pay to use their information system by the way - which I did not). So much for Peugeot customer services then.

Reply to
Brian

If youi let me hve your VIN number I'll see what I can find out at work, though it won't be until Tuesday now.

Reply to
nigel

Thanks all for your help so far, All these answers have been an interesting read.

Nigel - I have sent you my VIN info by email.

Thanks All.

Reply to
J. D.

The email address on here is not a valid one! To the first two letters add the following.

br25753. The rest is the same (after the @)

Reply to
nigel

D'oh! You should have mail now.

Reply to
J. D.

what??? i all ways have mail..

Reply to
Chris

I have it. Two things. You have a "funny" email address showing on the email I have. Is that correct? When I delve deeper I can see another one from BTInternet. Should I reply to that one?

Also you say your 307 is a 110, but your VIN says it is a 90. Hmmm?

Anyway I'll see what I can find out about your cruise control.

Reply to
nigel

My email address (Though unrelated to this subject!) is my new domain name I'm setting up, I'm currently phasing out my old domain and using it as a separate email account for open communications (news groups, newsletters etc...) My new "funny" domain name is what I use personally. Yes, BTInternet is my provider, but I don't use that address openly, it saves me the hassle of telling people that I've changed ISP's etc, I only have to update my domain settings if and when I move ISP. (And with BT at the rate they're going at, that won't be long!) - I would prefer a responce to the reply address attached to the email I sent you - Thanks.

The business of my car being a 90bhp instead of a 110bhp, I agree, I have done some investigation today, and even though ALL my purchase invoices and advert for the car clearly state 110bhp, I agree it's a

90bhp. (RHYB = 90bhp, RHSB = 110bhp ????) - I shall be challenging my dealer on tuesday, as this is the final straw with them. I am sick to the back teeth with them - I can roll out a whole essay about what they haven't done.

Thanks for alerting to me to that fact. :-)

This leads me to another question, did Peugeot make a 90bhp D-Turbo? - Because my car has the specification of one, leather seats, climate, folding mirrors, alarm, 5 cd stacker, trip info computer etc etc... (My V5 states the car is a 307 D Turbo HDI, but doesn't mention bhp.)

Oh how I'm going to enjoy presenting this to my dealer - because I clearly wanted to purchase a 110bhp, not 90bhp.

You're a very sharp person when it comes to detail! - A handy person to be in contact with.

I look forward to your responce.

Reply to
J. D.

With regards your car. It is definitely 90BHP--RHY. RHZ is 110BHP, and RHS is 110BHP with particle filter (FAP).

I don't know for sure whether they did a 90BHP D-Turbo, but maybe the VIN will tell me.

Thanks for the compliment. I don't know everything of course. I am not a master tech. But I have been with Peugeot since they took over from Chrysler in '78, and 5 years with Rootes products before that. I really don't want to be a master tech either. Too much hassle these days. I'm quite happy to be a senior tech. I can still earn proper money doing services etc and still do a little diagnostic work.

Good luck with your dealer. They obviously messed up if all the paperwork says 110BHP. I wonder if it was a misbuild--it has happened in the past. Although if it was, I don't see why the VIN would be RHY.

Catch you Tuesday evening, all being well!!

Reply to
nigel

OK this is what I gleaned today. Your car is down as an XSI HDI 90. The general consensus of opinion here is that yes you can fit cruise control. You just need to fit the switch, cut out the shroud to fit the switch and then configure the BSI and engine ECU to recognise it. There was one MT who though you may need a separate brake switch, but another said it should work off the one that does your brake lights. You could try to look up there and see whether there is an unused connector around the pedal area.

There is no definitive answer I'm afraid. The switch is around =A328 + VAT. Part number I have is 6239NK, which is without a speed limiter.

Reply to
nigel.glover

Thanks ever so much for looking into this for me, I enquired with Peugeot today as to what they thought the car was and they don't have it listed on the UK databases, VRM or VIN no... They've suggested it was an imported car, not controlled by Peugeot themselves. I tried another local Peugeot dealer and they don't have it listed either. But, you've helped me out no end!

It's great to have found someone that *knows* what they're talking about!

Reply to
J. D.

I don't know what database they used, but I used Laser which is tied in with every car Peugeot made after1993, and I had no trouble locating it. Shouldn't matter if it is an import or not.

Today we had in a 02 HDI--not quite as high a spec as yours. I had a look around the brake pedal, and had a chat with another of our MTs, and this is our conclusion. This car had the normal brake light switch and next to it is a empty hole. Tied up to the wiring of the brake light switch was a red connector, not doing anything. Now, he believes if there is a red connector there it must be connected to a seperate switch, which is also red, to make the cruise control work. That is for the earlier vehicles. The later ones did not have the other hole and no red connector available either. In this case the BSI gets the information from the brake light switch. So, have a look up in the passenger footwell at the switch arrangement you have. If there is a red connector free up there you will need a red switch and a bush to fit it into the hole. Then a CC switch for the Comm 2000, and then get it configured to the BSI, ECU, instrument panel and MFD. Being a diesel you will have a clutch switch fitted (I hope).

Reply to
nigel