Fixing 306 wiper motor

Hi,

My 306's wipers no longer return to the home position, and a quick test with a multimeter seems to indicate that it is probably the contacts in the motor.

I have fixed other wiper motors in the past by taking them apart and cleaning the contacts, however this one looks like it might be sealed.

So before I go to the effort of getting it out of the car. Is it worth trying to take it apart, or should I just save myself the bother and get a new one?

-Mark

Reply to
Mark Rae

I would get a new one. The seal is probably away on the motor and water will have ingressed to the contacts. The contacts will most likely be ready to fall to bits. New motor is around £90 from Eurocarparts.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

i have the same problem on my girlfriends 98 306 .at first we ignorded it and eventually pack up completely. i took the motor out and it was full of water after drying out and cleaning i eventually got it to work again but still does not return to its home position.if you dont want to get a new one (£90) then go to breakers yard as a lot of them give a returns ticket if it doesnt work would cost about a tenner. hope this saves you some time

jim

Reply to
jmclk