Flat battery and consequent radio and plip problems

Having left my lights on overnight :-( I had to use jump leads on my

1998 406 to a friends vehicle to get started. Unfortunately he attempted to connect the leads to his battery the wrong way round :-(( a few sparks flew around but after reconnecting correctly my car started quite easily. Leads were disengaged without problem. However, the radio now won't light up even to ask for the code to be punched in. I'm told that what probably happened was that the battery charge 'spiked' and killed the radio. Is this likely and how can I confirm this to be so?

Also my key remote won't work anymore. I think it too coincidental that its battery should have gone at the same time (the red light still comes on when the small [immobiliser?] button is pressed) -- could it be related to the above? Does it need to be plip programmed? I should add that my 406 has the immobiliser pad but it has been disconnected due to previous problems (breaking wires). TIA, Paul

Reply to
Paul

Checked fuses

"Paul" wrote

Reply to
George07

Can't help on the radio problem but this link might help with the plip:

Keith Willcocks

Hi, i own a 2005 206 the alarm and radio systems are all wired in together in series if you like i found that if i took the radio out of my car i could no longer use the centra locking via the remote, and if you unlock the car with a non standard cd player in it the cd player will turn on without the key being in the ignition. first things first dont connect your jump leads the wrong way again lol thats not good you can fry the electrics in a car in seconds if you do that lol. to be honest i would check all the fuse boxes and make sure you have not blown a fuse or two, aside from that remove the cd player thats in there and try borrowing a mates one for an hour or so just untill you know if it turns on or not i hope this helps

James

Reply to
James Carter