gas pedal

I've not had any trouble starting the 306 before (it's 1998/1.6) but after all the rain last night it wouldn't start this afternoon. Not only that, but the accelerator pedal is now on the floor and if I pull it back up it just flops to the floor again. Suggestions? Thanks, Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Bailey

The most likely probelm I can think of is the pedal return spring has either broken of become un hitched at one end or other. Spring is usually inside the drivers footwell but I'm not familiar with the 306 Or, it is just possible that the cable has become jammed.

HTH

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Sounds like what the other bloke said. The car won't start because in most cars, pressing the pedal to the floor when you're starting stops the car fuelling so that you can clear a flooded engine. If you can lift the throttle it should start, but driving it would be rather interesting :).

Reply to
Doki

Snapped cable.

Reply to