glow plug light

Just bought a 2003 406 2.0 hdi (90). The glow plug warning light doesnt come on as the hand book says. Spoke to another owner today and he says hes doesnt either, they dont come on on this model. Is this a problem or 'normal'. Thanks Richard

Reply to
Richard

As far as I know the HDi doesn't need a glow plug light as starting is 'instant', no waiting.

Reply to
Godfrey Wilkes

Agreed - this is what I was told when I bought mine.

Reply to
Springy

In the coldest weather I find mine comes on for a split second but other than that I never see it. just like starting a petrol engine but without the rough tick overs when cold.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Exactly as Keith says, it only lights for a fraction of a second when the weather is cold, might get a little longer when temperatures drop below 0c. I have a 90 hdi van and a 110 hdi 406 and both do the same. When I first got my van I thought the same, that the glow plug light bulb must have been broken.It did say briefly in the owners manual about the glow plug light. I have since seen both vehicles glow plug lights light up a couple of times over the last year. The van 90hdi lights up though more often than the 406 110 hdi does.

GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones