glow plugs

Well i have done atest and i have got power to all the glow plugs, but it still is missing first thing in the morning,can it still be a glw plug not getting very hot?? thanks from chris

Reply to
Chris

take them out the sooted ones arent doing anything

Reply to
Mindwipe

is missing first thing in the morning,can it still be a glw plug not getting very hot??

If you have power to the plugs the next step is to see if they are working, either with a multi meter or take the out and connect them across a battery to see if they glow.

Reply to
nigel

still is missing first thing in the morning,can it still be a glw plug not getting very hot??

Reply to
MICHAEL ROCHE

I am not going to mess a round i am just going to fit new ones.fitting Champions CH 163.then i am ready for any very cold weather.if we get any? from chris Addlestone Surrey,,

still is missing first thing in the morning,can it still be a glw plug not getting very hot??

Reply to
Chris

Probably varies considerably but it appears probable that by the time starting became a problem for me 3 glow plugs were faulty so you are probably making a wise choice. I bought BERU - which are the genuine "Citroen" part according to the box. £6 a piece from eurocarparts.com (they have a local outlet).

Reply to
Bigbird

Are they very good Glow plugs???and are u having any problems with them?

Reply to
Chris

I would definitely use Beru and give Champions a miss, and Halfords own a VERY wide berth!!!

Reply to
nigel

halfords in leeds source quite a lot of parts from andrew pages i find i can play them off against each other to get a cheaper price

Reply to
Mindwipe

I've used Halfords and so has a friend and had no problems.

Reply to
Malc

Well they are the genuine manufacturers part. If there was a problem with them you would probably see a lot of complaints in this group, whereas a google groups search shows very little for glow plugs at all, except warnings about Halfords own branded product.

I have only just fitted mine replacing Bosch which were probably the 1997 originals.

Reply to
Bigbird