GPS in 307

Hi,

I have a GPS system in PocketPC, but I cannot receive good - stable signal from satelites when using it inside my car. I checked my GPS in other cars and it works there very good. Has anyone had any problems with using GPS system in Peugeot 307 ?

thanks Martin

Reply to
cyrusNew

This has all been done before, it's to do with the reflective windscreen, you need to either fit an extra aerial or place it near the front quarterlight.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Hi,

Experienced the same problem in my 307SW, I've placed the GPS receiver near the roof window and this works very well

- Arild

Reply to
Arild

U¿ytkownik "Nik&Andy" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:4205de22$0$7915$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net...

thank you for Your answer. I was thinking if it is possible to use built in aerial to enhance GPS signal ? - sorry if this question is not related to this newsgroup.

Martin

Reply to
cyrusNew

I've used a handheld Garmin eTrex in my 307 without any problems. I just left it on the front passenger seat, and it picked up a GPS signal, no problem.

Reply to
The Man Himself

I had this in my 206cc. The only part of the windscreen which is able to pass the signals is that part around the rear view mirror which has dots of black paint applied. The manual suggests this is for attaching "toll cards and/or car park tickets" by which I guess it means things like Dart Tags which may also be blocked by the windscreen.

With a hand held GPS I had to use an external aerial near the rear screen. I recently upgraded to TomTom on a PDA and a Bluetooth GPS which I have now stuck to the back of the rear view mirror and it picks up fine there and is more out of sight than you'd think.

Cheers, Dave

Reply to
Dave Plumb