Headlight adjustment 306?

Anyone know of a link which will show me how to adjust the headlightts on an M reg 306Xsi? Failed the MOT but just needs adjustment so they tell me.

TIA

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

Er, why didn't they adjust them ??

Next time, take your car somewhere else for it's M.O.T. !

It literally takes about 5 seconds to adjust the headlights - they should have done it for you, not failed the car !

Reply to
Nom

Thats right they will adjust your headlights for you.

Reply to
Chris

for a fee

Reply to
Mindwipe

Bit mean of them to fail it for that! The tester is allowed to adjust the beam while doing the test as it is such a simple job, and therefore doesn't need to fail it. And I have just noticed that Nom agrees. Anyway you can't do it yourself as it needs the beam tester to get the right height. Take it back and get them to adjust it and pass it (hopefully at little or no cost) and never use them again for MOT!!

Reply to
nigel

It's also one of the biggest cons MOT guys pull - claim your headlights are out and then twirl a screwdriver pretending to adjust them. The tester will then ask for a few quid cash and your average punter who is so relieved to have passed the MOT is more than willing to oblige.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

And wheres that?30 pounds that cheap.have to tell the group so we might give them work. chris addlestone surrey

Reply to
Chris

Well this is a Pug main dealer! Reckons they can't be adjusted due to rusty screws and say they can fix the problem for -- wait for it --- £280 !! What a bl**dy rip off ! Needless to say son has now decided to go to the local scrappy if I can't sort the adjusters and then take it elsewhere for another test! Must admit I have had major problems with this particular dealer in the past with my own 306HDi. 36000 service, got a phone call saying back pads needed changing. Guess how much?

How about £120 !! Got them done at another garage for £37 !

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff