HELP! 405 GLD radio code

After disconnecting the battery on my 1993 405 I foolishly entered the wrong radio security code. All it does now is show "SECURITY" on its display.

What I need to know is how to get it back into a state where I can enter the correct code. Is there a button sequence or is it just a case of waiting for a period of time? If I just need to wait does the radio need to be switched on or off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Richard

Reply to
Richard Swaby

Pretty sure it just has to be disconnected from the battery for a period of time - try overnight to be sure.

Reply to
Matt

Hi, Don't know if it's the same on the 405 but on the 306 you had to leave the ignition turned on and the radio on (Without starting the engine) for about an hour, this would reset the radio to be able to accept codes again.

Good Luck, Norm

Reply to
Norm

On my 93 306 radio, the book says "if there is an error in entering the code... you have to wait 5 second before the second attempt, and then 60 minutes after the next attempt. How many times did you enter the wrong code? On some you only get three tries, and the radio is locked for good, unless you can return it to the manufacturer for unlocking - at considerable cost no doubt.

Reply to
brian

I have the manual for 2 Peugeot radios as fitted to 405's, types 4030 and

4050. The procedure is slightly different for both. Is yours one of these and if so which one? (The 4030 has the 6 selector buttons to the left of the display, the 4050 to the right.)

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Thanks everyone!!

I just left it switched on and after about 10 minutes it came back to life. Everything's OK now.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Swaby