Help! alarm problems

Hello I'm looking after my parents Peugeot 806 while they are away but the alarm keeps going off. Have locked up according to manual, all windows & doors shut properly. Any advice appreciated.

Sarah

Reply to
Sarah Bennett

Sorry 807 - good start :-)

Sarah

Reply to
Sarah Bennett

There's a wasp, mozzie, cat wandering about in there. Spray a load of flykiller inside and try again. You can trying isolating the volumetric system-need to look at the book to see how. Some require you to switch on ignition, then switch off whilst holding down a button on the dash-looks like a speaker with circles drawn around it. Out of car quick and lock within fifteen seconds.(Summat like that anyhow). DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Thank you - so far so good!

Reply to
Sarah Bennett

It might be dirty contacts on the sliding doors fooling the alarm into thinking that the doors are open. Near the bottom of the pillar that the doors close towards you will see a whole lot of electrical contacts arranged in two vertical rows. Give these and the corresponding ones on the door itself a dose of electrical contact cleaner (available from your local motor accessory shop). In the meantime try holding the alarm button (extreme right of the fascia, probably only accessible when the door is open) down until the little red alarm light in the centre of the fascia top glows and lock the car using the key - this might lock the car without arming the alarm. It works for us when we leave the dog in the car - he objects to the noise the alarm makes when he sets it off.

Good luck (a necessary commodity where the 807 is concerned!)

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson