Help with 206 radio please

Hi, This morning the fuse on the radio cassete blew (Mounted on the unit). This is from a 206glx (2000 model), with the CD changer.

I replaced the fuse and the unit now seems to have power as I can eject the CD cartridge, but the multifunction display still shows the radio and CDC as being 'Out'.

How can I get the car to recognise the unit again? preferably without having to pay a dealer.

Thanks for any help. Andy W

Reply to
andy

The CDC is powered by the radio. I'd guess that the CDC is the problem and caused the fuse blow.

Try totally disconnecting the radio for an hour (take it out of the car) Make absolute certain that the three plugs are in properly. If that doesn't do it then the CDC is probably shagged but the only way you are going to find out is by replacing each unit.

CDC's go for around £50 on ebay. Radio/Cassettes you will get cheaper. In fact I have a very clean r/c on ebay now. (The shaped 206 one)

Reply to
Henry Kissinger

Hello,

I have now got the radio/cd to work by removing & reinserting the multifunction display connector as described in another thread. Unfortunately, the radio no longer remembers its code so I have to re-enter it every time I start the car. The permanent live still appears to be working as I can eject the cd cartridge with the radio/ignition switched off. Does anybody have any ideas? I've already sold the car so dont really want to be spending much to sort it ;-(

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
andy

That's charming. Lumber the buyer with aggro!

Reply to
Paddy McGinty