how do i get the writing off my car windows??!!

hi, when my i bought my car the garage who i had bought it from had painted it with some kind of washable paint on the windows to advertise it. Obviously they washed the paint off on all four of my windows but im yet to find something to get it off completely. Whenever there is condensation on my windows or they are wet you can still see the writing. Although this is not major problem i would prefer it if it was gone!Any suggestions of what to use to get it off?? Ele

Reply to
ele

A safety razor blade if there is any actual residue on the window.

Metholyted spirits from any chemists shop (or nail polish remover) if its a chemical trace left on the window.

Should work!

J&F

Reply to
John & Frank

Just don't let it dribble down onto your paintwork! :-)

Matt

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Nail Varnish Remover.

Do NOT get it on the paintwork - It's as good as paint stripper!!! - You have been warned.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

thanxs...will try it...hopefully i wont strip the paint of the car!! Ellie

Reply to
ele

Try vinegar - it's an acid - should work and shouldn't be too hard on your paintwork if you spill it.

Reply to
Peter

condensation

Or you could try moaning to the garage that sold it to you - giving them grief about it and their 'poor' cars until they clean it off to your satisfaction.....

Adam H

Reply to
Ex Alfa Adam