How do i replace 206 steering wheel?

Hi guys,

my wife's 206 steering wheel is pretty badly worn (previous owner loved big bejewelled rings!) and we have purchased a replacement steering wheel (same year: V reg & model: 1.4 glx)

we have disconnected the battery and are aware of (and have the codes for) the stereo and am now ready to replace the rear part of the steering wheel but could do with some guidance on how to remove the front of the steering wheel and the airbag - safely.

the airbag and current front of the steering wheek thats currently in the car will be reconnected to the replacement steering wheel as will the front of the steering wheel any guidance greatly appreciated cheers, jon

Reply to
jon

older ones were retained by two tx30 screws accessed through holes in the back of the wheel

Reply to
Mindwipe

If you look at the back of the wheel, you'll see a small hole at six o'clock. Push an appropriate sixe flat bladed screwdriver in the hole until it contacts a sprung piece of metal. (Look on the new wheel for guidance) Just push upward and the airbag will spring off. Do this with the ignition off. There is no need to disconnect the battery. Unclip the connectors to the airbag. Make a note of the position of the flat black one to put it back in the same place. Then undo the large centre bolt (55 torx, small extension and large bar). Hit the wheel at opposite points with the palms of your hands to shock it loose and pull off. Make sure the wheels are straight ahead, and the steering wheel is straight, so that it goes back on straight.

Reply to
nigel