How many 205 T16s are left?

The start of summer has re-awakened my desire to one day own a T16. This is many years ahead but I was wondering if anyone has any idea how many are left?

An Aussie forum quoted 200 per evolution (plus the original rally cars) with around 75 having been written off on the track.

Is this a reasonable guess? The fewer there are the more expensive they?ll be and the less chance I?ll be able to own one.

Sick of doing my stupid dissertation while everyone else is out driving :(

Reply to
Streltsky

Hi,

Wrong. There were 200 cars produced (205 Turbo16 Série 200) for the road (due to the FIA's Group B regulations, which involved the production of 200 road cars), plus "Evolutions" which were race cars. Officially there are only 241 205T16 produced, including Evos. There is one @ the Peugeot Museum, Sochaux, France (car nr 25, IIRC). The Evos are just rare, consider there were only 3 main types : Evolution (320-360HP), Evolution2 (up to 450HP), Grand Raid (360HP, remember Paris-Dakar ?), plus a fourth type I wouldn't consider as a type itself, the Pikes Peak version : huge downforce, 550HP.

The usual prices I see are around 30k EUR (£20k) for a Série 200 with FSH, usually less than 45k miles. Keep in mind that the cambelt has to be changed every 20k miles.

Oh, and tyres are specific : Michelin TRX.

HTH, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

"G.T" wrote: > Hi, > > > An Aussie forum quoted 200 per evolution (plus the original > rally > > cars) with around 75 having been written off on the track. > Wrong. There were 200 cars produced (205 Turbo16 Série 200) > for the road > (due to the FIA's Group B regulations, which involved the > production of 200 > road cars), plus "Evolutions" which were race cars. Officially > there are > only 241 205T16 produced, including Evos. > There is one @ the Peugeot Museum, Sochaux, France (car nr 25, > IIRC). > The Evos are just rare, consider there were only 3 main types > : Evolution > (320-360HP), Evolution2 (up to 450HP), Grand Raid (360HP, > remember > Paris-Dakar ?), plus a fourth type I wouldn't consider as a > type itself, the > Pikes Peak version : huge downforce, 550HP. > > > Is this a reasonable guess? The fewer there are the more > expensive > > they'll be and the less chance I'll be able to own one. > The usual prices I see are around 30k EUR (£20k) for a Série > 200 with FSH, > usually less than 45k miles. Keep in mind that the cambelt has > to be changed > every 20k miles. > > Oh, and tyres are specific : Michelin TRX. > > HTH, > G.T > snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr > 205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :

So how many do you think have been totaled? Not that I?ll ever afford one :(

Reply to
Streltsky

Hi,

All versions : 241 (official Peugeot's figure), -3 (the ones in the museum, at least) =238. I guess you'll never afford one, moreover you'll hardly find one for sale.

199 Série 200 sold, mostly on french market (I've heard of one in AZ some years ago, certainly an import). I've heard of a friend of a friend of mine which bought one for 3500EUR (about £2200) but that's a luck I couldn't name ! Normally they're sold around 30,000EUR (about £20,000). And yep, when I've heard of that, I was sick, it made me wanna puck indeed.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

"G.T" wrote: > Hi, > > > So how many do you think have been totaled? Not that I'll > ever afford > > one :( > All versions : 241 (official Peugeot's figure), -3 (the ones > in the museum, > at least) =238. > I guess you'll never afford one, moreover you'll hardly find > one for sale. > 199 Série 200 sold, mostly on french market (I've heard of one > in AZ some > years ago, certainly an import). > I've heard of a friend of a friend of mine which bought one > for 3500EUR > (about £2200) but that's a luck I couldn't name ! Normally > they're sold > around 30,000EUR (about £20,000). And yep, when I've heard of > that, I was > sick, it made me wanna puck indeed. > > Regards, > G.T > snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr > 205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :

There?s always the lottery :D

There was a website selling about 5 of them but I can?t find it today for some reason.

Reply to
Streltsky