How to power up a GRDT?

Hi people! I`ve got a question about increasing the engine power on 405 1993 1.9 GRDT. Is there anything that can be done? After I am planning to do some body work, but first things first. In my area everyone says"change the chip", and then I have to explain that there is none, they scratch their heads and say "change the engine or the car" and I`m kinda fond of this one. Thanks in advance!

2507
Reply to
2507

Just leave it alone, if it is under power buy your self a boy racers car.

Reply to
Chrs

I'll second that, I managed 140K miles with a 405GLD... I used to dream of having the available power of a GROT :-) The only way to get more power from one of these would be fitting an intercooler, which would mean designing, manufacturing and somehow fitting it yourself. If you have 'Q's or 'The A Teams' facilities that may be possible... otherwise resort to option 'a'

Djimbo.

Reply to
djimbo

Thanks, at least I got some reply. I wrote in english on a french site and got booted out with explanation in french that it is a frankophonic site!?!

2507

Chrs wrote:

Reply to
2507 via CarKB.com

Agreed, a surprisingly powerful flexible engine both in 1769 and 1905 versions which will last a long time with regular oil and filter changes and don't let it overheat. If you are go faster type, keep the revs up as the turbo cuts in around 2200-2400 revs.

Reply to
Wichita

Thanks,it seems I got to the top since there is an intercooler already in, (I`m located in Croatia, somebody had it as a state company car before me, so in Slavic manner, no expense is too great if the tax payers pay for it:-))so I`m asking for a chocolate over the choco-cake, anyway, thank you for the good will gentlemen

2507
Reply to
2507 via CarKB.com