Installing subwoofer

I dont know if this can be done but I'm still gonna ask..

I have an extra creative inspire 5.1 digital 5700 system which I dont use.. I was thinking about using it's subwoofer in my peugeot 307. However, I dont know how to install it. I can connect the system directly to my dvd player/TV so I guess I don't need an amplifier, am I right?

Connection to subwoofer is like regular subwoofers in big sound systems(red and black copper wires goes directly into subwoofer) ..

I will be glad if someone can help me..

Reply to
onyx307

Your 307 is multiplexed. I held off replying as I don't know much, but I think that fitting a subwoofer could be a bit of an arse as it would need to be 'programmed' in by a Peugeot garage. I also don't know what connections you would need for this as multiplexing uses completely different wiring.

Anyone care to confirm/debunk?

MS

Reply to
Marcus Sheen [UK]

I see, am I going to have the similar problem if I install a regular active subwoofer or just a subwoofer+amp?

Reply to
onyx307

Are you discussing a subwoofer of a pc system in a 307? How are you going to connect the power then ?

I am old fashioned and i want to place a subwoofer with an active amplifier. I need to use cables from the front to the back of the car with a postive cable. Have you had experience in getting in from the front to the interior of the car?

@dje

Reply to
jaebrokx