internal fan heater works only on number 4(not 1,2,3)

Hi,can someone give me some advice, i have a 2 litre 206 hdi (2001),my heater in the car only works on the highest speed but not a sausage on 1,2,3 speed. My fan must be ok as it works on 4,my mate is gonna have a go at taking things apart and he aint a mechanic, so i need help.have you had this problem.cheers joe

Reply to
joe hadley

Speed dropping resistor or switch is knackered

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

rheostat blown fast/full speed bypasses it

Reply to
Mindwipe

thanks for that ,is it a big job or can i do it myself with a Haynes manuel. joe

Reply to
joe hadley via CarKB.com