is it easy.

Well has anybody done a steering boots on a 405 diesel with power steering? i have been told that you can get rubber boots which will fit over the shaft(power steering ram)is this right?i have never replaced those things on a pug with power steering.

Reply to
Chrs

Yes. I used the universal rubber one for the NS, as it was the only type to get on over the bolt boss. However, it failed within a year or so as it was too long, and got trapped on full LH lock. In the end I took the rack out and apart, and replaced the boot with the correct one. Not as difficult as you might have thought.

Reply to
Brian