Its like the back right Wheel is going to fall off!!!!!!!!

I have a Pug 106 1.1 Zest 3 - R plate, 60k on the clock

Its been having knocking noise when i turn left, which i was planning on taking to the grarge to get looked at, assuming it was the bearing?

however, tonight i was going out, felt fine....then hit the motorway and felt as if the car was swaying, like the back right wheel was gonna fall off.

Feels ok when i turn left, but turning right its like im skidding and steering feels really light?

Any suggestions guys on what it might be, before the local mechanic charges me an arm and a leg???

Thanks,

Craig

Reply to
Craig_R

This was experience not knowledge, but it may help. I had the same swaying problem on the motorway years ago with a Cortina estate car. The problem was caused by badly balanced rear wheel(s), probably due to a weight falling off, but it could only be cured by balancing the wheels while they were still on the car. Balancing on the machine in the normal way did not solve it.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks

Are you sure the new problem was from the back? A friend had a dodgy CV joint on his 205 a couple of years back. He was going to work, ignoring the knocking noise when he noticed the steering wheel twitching [1] in his hand as the cv joint failed to cv properly. When he went to pull away after work the engine revved and no forward progress was made. A look under the bonnet revealed the inboard end of the driveshaft spinning but not the outer end.

{1] he described it as almost a quarter turn of the steering wheel under sharp corners.

Reply to
malc