Keyfob -306 - 98(R) - Stopped working

I have a 98 306 XSI and the keyfob has stopped working so i cant lock the car (or alarm it) the batteries are ok as the red light is coming on when you press it

any ideas why?

Is there a way to control the alarm without this keyfob? I also have a spare key but i dont think there is any power going to it as the red light wont work with new batteries in it i've read the new ones are £75, do they repair them? a mate of mine a an electrical wizz kid, would it be anything he could look at?

Thanks Mark

Reply to
Mark

You could always try a local alarm fitting company. I had trouble with my key fob and I was able to pick-up a new fob for about £39:99. the company were called carsound.

good luck

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Hi Mark,

I want you to go to your car and sit inside it, leave your drivers door open. Turn the ignition on until all lights are on (do not start the car) after about 10 seconds turn the ignition off and take the key out.....

Now press the keyfob button and this should automatically reprogram the key, if this fails you have a hardware issue somewhere with the Alarm/Immobiliser its self....

HTH and saves you money !

-- Deviant Devanti

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Reply to
Deviant Devanti

Hi Thanks I tried what you said and nothing happened! should i take it to a Peugeot dealer or will they sting me?

Thanks Mark

Alarm/Immobiliser

Reply to
Mark

Hi Mark,

No thats a very very last resort ! ! ! ! do you know where the module box is for the alarm/immobiliser ? if you can get this for me I should be able to find the reprogramming details in one of my folders

Reply to
Deviant Devanti

Thanks!

Not sure where the module box is though Do you know what it looks like or how i could find it/where to look?

Its a factory alarm and its a 306 2.0 16V XSI, 98, 3 door, if that helps its the newer shape (changed in 97/98 i think) and it has the square fog lights not the round ones

cheers Mark

wrote

Reply to
Mark

Hi Mark

Hummmm leave it with me and I will post back as soon as possible! The module box is usually located under the glovebox area and it will be a black typically rectangular box

If you have little microphones in your A-pillars then you will see two small square plugs going into the module box along with the wiring loom.. one will be red and the other white typically... or both black depending on the installed device.

Deviant Devanti

Reply to
Deviant Devanti