Late 405 central locking/alarm plip

Hi

Late (96 "P" reg 405) The plip can not be reprogrammed on this model.(I have only one plip)

Looks like my plip and/or receiver unit has gone faulty. Not accepting a signal and I now just use the key to central lock the car. It still has the immobiliser keypad in operation.

Using the keyswitch in the engine compartment can disable the alarm. Then only the remote central locking function is enabled with the plip.

No problem until I have to disconnect the battery for some reason.

At the moment with the receiver still wired up and I disconnect/connect the battery, I am required to use the plip to reset the system even though I turn the alarm off with the keyswitch. I can understand the reason for it as it does prevent someone trying to bypass the alarm system by disconnecting the battery.

However, can I disconnect this alarm/central locking receiver unit?

If so, will I have any problems with starting the car after a battery disconnect??

Any help appreciated. Slight panic :-)

Reply to
harry