leaky sunroof on 306

hi, as above, R reg Turbo D, it is leaking down into the front passenger side, thought it was windscreen, but not, any fixes? ideas? obviously not dripping

Thanks

Reply to
Sheila

sorry, meant to say not dripping from sunroof itself! coming down into passenger footwell!!

Reply to
Sheila

If it's definitely not the windscreen, then there are three other possibilities that I know of.

  1. The aeriel. Put some sealer under the base. RTV or Dum-Dum.
  2. The door. Remove the panel and make sure the membrane is there and stuck down on the edges properly. And that the plastic bit behind the speaker is there and fixed at the top securely.
  3. Through the heater. This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. If you remove the scuttle trim below the left hand wiper blade, you'll see the protector above the air entry for the heater. This is supposed to stop the water from entering the heater. Make sure the front edge is not rolled over on top of the entrance. It should be tucked in front of it. Also the rear edge. You can test this by using a hose gently half way down the screen. If it leaks you'll see the water come out of the heater motor. Check the drain holes are not blocked.

You say it's not dripping from the sunroof, but it can drip out, run along the headlining and down the "A" pillar trims into the footwell. Caused by the drain tubes being blocked.

Reply to
Nigel

thanks for that, have passed info onto my son, who will investigate further!.

Reply to
Sheila