Lease expiring on diesel 207 - easy way to drain tank

I'm not sure how to go about this, but we have a diesel 207 that is due to go back to the lease company next week and it has half a tank of fuel and we will have limited opportunity to use it up by driving around. We would like to transfer it into another vehicle without too much mess. Any hints? We wouldn't contemplate this with petrol but diesel is mighty hard to ignite.

Reply to
Phil Cook

"Phil Cook" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Use a syphon and a jerrycan.

Reply to
Linea Recta

That was my initial thought but I undertood modern cars had anti sypon devices.

Reply to
Phil Cook

Have a look under the bonnet and see if you can find the diesel filter, unscrew the tap/ bolt at the bottom, fix on a length of tube stick it in a jerry can and then if you have a built in syphon on the diesel fuel line you can then pump away. I am not sure how long this would take to pump out 30 quid's worth of diesel , best of luck. I don't think I could be bothered if it were me. The odds on getting bits of crap in the diesel are pretty good. So in the long run it could cause more aggravation than its worth .

Or the other option is a screwdriver through the bottom of the tank and a bucket, I really don't recommend this way :o)

GGJ

Reply to
GGJ

You'll probably find you can get a plastic pipe down into the tank. Try to avoid getting a mouthful of the stuff though. You might think it preferable in many ways to petrol, but the taste lingers for longer - much longer. . .

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R N Robinson

Must be a piss poor company for less than £20 worth of diesel.

Reply to
Tar Baby

Reminds me of the story of the couple in the camper van. Heard some commotion outside then it stopped.

Next morning they found that someone had tried to siphon out the fuel but got the sewage tank instead...

Pete

Reply to
Peter Chant

There are such things as private leases and if you feel like giving away £20-£30 worth of fuel how about letting me have some? If the reasons for returning the car hadn't been unforseen we would have run it down in the normal way so it would go back with the fuel warning light on.

Reply to
Phil Cook

It's not a matter of 'giving away'. You have been on here for over 2 days trying to salvage £20 of diesel. Are you really that hard up and have nothing else to do?

Reply to
Tar Baby