Locking Wheel Nuts - 307 Torque Settings

One of my locking wheel nuts has snapped (the centre part of the nut, unfortunately, the other bit is still on the wheel), the car is less than two years old, asked peugeot if its still covered - response : check with dealer. Just a little worried that the dealer will try and charge me for it, just getting my defense straight before I go there, does anyone know the correct torque setting for the locking wheel nut?

Thanks in advance for any help

Reply to
stav

Hi,

This happened to me. Had a damaged tyre and could not put the spare on. (even the AA could not do it and wanted me to sign a disclaimer in case they damaged the wheel - I refused!)

After contacting the garage, Pug had just admitted that this was a known fault and they gave me a new set of locking wheel nuts free. A lot of hassle though!

Cheers Bob.

Reply to
R. Simpson

I had a problem with the Peugeot locking nuts on my 98 306. They used these 4 nodules which act as the key to turn the nut but are pathetically weak. They might be fine with an air powered wheel wrench or similar but with the standard wheel spanner provided with the car they are almost impossible to remove as the spanner always goes off at an angle. I had a puncture and ended up bending the key up. I had to call for a 4 - way brace and hammer to straighten the key out before I got the bloody thing off.

Reply to
daddyfreddy