lost 307 wheel bolt locking device

Any ideas who to remove the locking wheel nut without the tool(lost both ) dealer wants £75 per hour to remove them then £25 for a new set. Thanks for any help

Reply to
alistair wood via CarKB.com

Cold chisel and big hammer. Stilson wrench and brute force. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Hi

Some cheap sockets hammered on tight will get these lockers off.

All your friendly Peugeot will do is try all the locking keys he has sitting on the forecourt first.

Your lucky these are not the earlier Peugeot locking bolts, They are virtually impossible to get off without damaging something, Normally the wheel when the key is lost.

Reply to
Lee Power via CarKB.com

Hi,

I had these and had a puncture. I couldn't change the wheel. AA couldn't get the wheel off either - well they could but I would have to sign a disclaimer to waive redress against damage caused etc. Anyway, AA did a temporary repair which held until I could get to the garage.

The garage/tyre subcontractor eventually got the wheel off and replaced the locking nuts with ones of a later (and presumably!) better design. This was done under warranty - apart from the new tyre. (The garage showed me the notice from Pug admitting the locking nut fault and authorising replacement)

(Incidentally, the tyre subby implied that they had a set of 'masters' to get most wheels off!)

Cheers, Bob.

Reply to
r.simpson

You're missing the point here - the whole reason that locking nuts exist, it to make the wheel impossible to remove without the key ! Yours were doing an excellent job !

Reply to
Nom

Hi,

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the adapter supplied to remove the wheel snapped when I tried to use it as per handbook instructions - hence Pugs replacement - but obviously a bit of a crappy design in the first place!

Cheers, Bob.

Reply to
r.simpson

Ah righty :)