Low Brake fluid warning light - fixed !!!

Apply the handbrake on my 1999 2.0 GLX and I got the warning beep plus message saying Low Brake Fluid. No it wasn't! Thanks to this board I read that changing the handbrake warning light switch would sort it out. Really sceptical but I got a new switch, £2,removed the centre console and replaced it. Hey presto it worked. No more messages. Everything okay. Thanks to all previous posters. I now lay awake at night thinking HOW!!!! Why does it make a difference? Surely the switch is just open or close device. It either completes or breaks a circuit. Can anyone explain in layman terms? Thanks Steve

Reply to
steve Robinson via CarKB.com